Dutch ovens and dutch oven recipes are favorites for fellow campers, after all who doesn’t like good eats!
Hobo Stew Dutch Oven Recipe
With this recipe you will need a 10 inch dutch oven.
- 3 potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 1/4 head cabbage
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 lb. smoked sausage
- 1 Tbsp. lemon pepper
- 1 Tbsp. black pepper
- Dice the potatoes, carrots, celery.
- Shred the cabbage.
- Cut the sausage into 1 inch pieces.
- Combine all ingredients in the dutch oven.
- Add just enough water to cover.
- Place over coals and cook 2 hours or until fork can be inserted into the carrots without trouble.
Double the ingredients in a 12 inch dutch oven to serve 6 to 8.
Thanks to Dutch Oven Dude for this fine dutch oven recipe.
* I would like to remind everyone to share your favorite recipe with us. We could even feature your recipe.